Think of your website like a shop and you’ll starting differently.
Here are my top ten tips to help you:
- Make sure there is a Google map reference on your site plus information in your pages of the area you cover/deliver to
- Add buttons that encourage visitors to Like you on Facebook or Follow you on Twitter
- Give your site the personal touch with photographs of your staff, your showroom, your work and maybe even a photo of you. Label the photos with definitions Google will love and not photo one for example.
- Is there fresh content on your site that is changed on a daily, weekly, monthly basis? Google likes sites that have fresh content as it shows that you are a real business. If you stop updating your content Google will stop showing your site to people.
- Is there a chance to leave reviews?
- Can visitors navigate the site easily and get what they came for?
- Are your web pages labelled with phrases people search on i.e quality windows in Swansea? You’d be amazed how many pages are just called the company name.
- Regularly check your competitors website to make sure you are competing.
- Make sure all of the links on your website work. Google hates broken links
- To get an extra boost in the search engines get some good links by buying directories, adding your business to free directories and linking to your social media.
Just like a shop:
Have a professional and tidy shop front (website)
Choose good people to work in your shop (Social media profiles)
Price up your goods (Label your pages properly)
Network with other businesses (Get good links)
Update your stock so people keep coming back (Update your content)
Thinking about things a bit differently or thinking really things haven’t changed at all?